Online Classes & Covid-19
During the pandemic, all group classes have moved online.
By taking part in an online Pilates class, you fully understand and agree to the following:
– Your teacher is not able to offer any personal correction
– You agree to take responsibility for your own body
– You agree not to perform any exercises or movements that may cause you discomfort
– You confirm that you are fit and able to join the class
- You must ensure that you are working in a safe environment and that you are able to clearly see and/or hear your teacher in order to follow instructions.
- It is your responsibility to let the teacher know before the class if anything affects your ability to exercise that day.
- By joining the class you automatically agree to waive all statutory rights against your teacher.
- All of the below terms also apply for classes and 1-1 sessions online.
- All new clients must have completed an online enrolment form before joining a class.
Studio and Outdoor Sessions & Covid-19
- Please arrive just before the start of your session to ensure that we can start on time (if you are early, please wait away from the studio until we are ready to start).
- Please bring your own mat, head cushion or small towel and any equipment you have to use in the studio.
- All large equipment used will be thoroughly cleaned before and after your session, so sufficient time will be given between sessions.
- Hands must be washed thoroughly before and after your session. Hand washing facilites are provided in the studio, but you can use your own hand sanitiser if you prefer.
- Do not attend your session if you are feeling unwell or have been exposed to anyone who has been unwell. I have the right to turn you away if you appear to be unwell.
- There will be no ‘hands-on’ correction in any sessions, whilst social distancing remains in place.
- Any cash exchanged must be supplied in the correct amount within a sealed envelope.
- For all sessions, 24 hours notice of cancellation is required to rebook for another time. All no-shows and sessions cancelled on the day will be charged the full fee.
Things To Consider During Classes
- Classes start on time, so out of consideration for the teacher and other class members please arrive at your class ﬁve minutes before your class starts. The warm-up is an important aspect of each class and essential for your own safety. Please do not enter the class if you are more than fifteen minutes late.
- Please mute yourself if you are online. Mobile phones must be silenced if you are in the studio.
- Please understand that any form of exercise carries a risk of injury and you will take responsibility for your own body. Please tell me if anything painful or unusual is experienced during or in between classes. Stop doing the exercise if you think you need to or follow the alternatives I provide.
- If you are struggling with anything in your class or your circumstances have changed that stop you attending classes, please do contact me by phone or email, as I am more than happy to discuss.
- Out of consideration to other clients, please do not attend your class if you are ill. I will try and fit you in another time when you are better.
- Please bring your own mat, cushion and equipment to class.
- Please make sure you wear clean clothes and socks (no barefeet).
- Please wear suitable clothing that is comfortable to move around in, nothing too tight or baggy, that lets me see the outline of your body (gents, please wear gym tights or cycling shorts under gym shorts).
The Booking & Catch Up Policy
- Classes run in five, six or seven-week progressive blocks (online classes run monthly) To secure and conﬁrm your mat space, the payment for the block must be paid a week before the ﬁrst class of the course. This payment is non-refundable. Your space will be released if payment is not received by this time.
- Existing class members have priority. If you do not wish to rebook your mat for a course, please let me know as I have a waiting list in operation.
- To book onto a block of classes, the whole term must be paid for in full before the start of the first class. For those who prefer to pay in cash or by cheque, this is acceptable on the first session if you have advised me of this beforehand.
- If you are ill, kept at work or on holiday and miss one or more of your classes then you may swap your class to a class on a different day if I have space. This only applies if I have had at least two hours notice of cancellation to allow someone else to use your place as their catch-up. These terms are applicable to everyone in all circumstances. You can even make up your class in advance of you being absent!
- Missed classes cannot be refunded or carried forward to the next course.
- Due to the progressive nature of the classes, I cannot offer drop-in sessions.
- In the unlikely event that I have to cancel a class that you have booked, I will carry the fee forward as credit.
Your Enrolment & Data Protection
- Body Control Pilates is a safe form of exercise, but it is important to consult your GP before commencing if you have any injuries or concerns.
- A online ‘client enrolment form’ must be completed and signed before your ﬁrst class. If anything changes with your contact or medical details, please let me know so that I can update your form accordingly.
- Your enrolment form and contact details will only be used in direct relation to my Pilates classes and private sessions. They are securely kept and will never be passed onto third parties. I only use the information you have provided for teaching purposes.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from my emails, you can do at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or emailing me to request your details to be removed.